Cookbook:Thai Grilled Chicken
This marinade is also great as a sauce for beef stir-fry, a marinade for pork chops, or just a dipping sauce.
- 4 (6-ounce / 170g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Thai bird chiles, stemmed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce
- 1 Tsp (5 ml) Thai chile paste (recommended:Sriracha)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) rice wine vinegar
- A flame-resistant towel tied into a roll with twine and soaked in oil
- In a blender, puree the chiles, chile paste, sauces, garlic and ginger, and vinegar until smooth. Pour into a gallon-size zip-top bag and add chicken breasts. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Quickly swab the grill with the towel and add chicken breasts. Cook 4-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F / 75 °C.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon garlic; minced
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken; about 4 boneless breast halves.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper; flakes
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Prepare grill. Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes in measuring cup. Pour over chicken, turning to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine honey and lime juice in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Place chicken on grid over medium coals. Brush with some marinade remaining in dish. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cover, and grill for 5 minutes. Brush chicken with half of honey mixture, turn and brush with remaining mixture.
- Grill until chicken is fully cooked.
Makes 4 servings.