Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Straciatella is an Italian egg-drop soup. It uses a chicken broth base, and adds flavour with fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, and pepper.
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley (~¼ cup)
- Black pepper to taste (~1 tsp)
- ~½ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- semolina (optional)
- red chili flakes, or chili powder (optional)
- Put the broth in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Separately, combine eggs, cheese, and parsley, and beat until the cheese and parsley are moistened.
- Once the broth is at a rolling boil, use a whisk to set the fluid whirling.
- Slowly add the egg mixture, keeping the broth at a boil so the egg cooks quickly.
- Remove from heat, and add pepper.
- Serve immediately, or reheat and serve very hot.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Since Parmesan cheese is salty, it's unlikely you'll need to add more salt for flavour.