Cookbook:Senegalese Okra Soup
|Senegalese Okra Soup|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Kandia soup is a popular Senegalese okra soup. It can be served with souloukhou, a peanut butter sauce.
- Plate and spoon for serving
- Place the okra in a bowl with a lot of water. Swish around in the water to remove the stickiness, then drain the okra.
- Wash the fish and cut into 3 pieces.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the beef, fish, and okra, and allow to cook for 15 minutes
- Remove the fish and beef from the pot. Cut the beef into small pieces, and return to the pot.
- Add onion, garlic, pepper, salt, stock cubes, palm oil, and chili pepper to the pot. Mix well, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish back into the pot, and cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve hot with rice.