Racuszki are pancakes made from batter fried on a hot griddle or a pan. They are a traditional Polish meal, however they exist in several variations in many different local cuisines, such as Danish . Usually it's the form (small pancakes or something akin to donuts) or the stuffing: apple&cinnamon, or raisins, etc., that varies.
- 1 kg apples (preferably cooking apples)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, and flour) well.
- Add sour milk, and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour small ladle fulls of the mixture into a non-stick pan, one at a time OR dip slices of peeled apples in batter and put them in the pan
- Cook until the edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Traditionally served with sugar, but goes very well with melted chocolate.
- A light maple syrup is also very good. Some prefer these with no topping at all.