Cookbook:Qabuli (Central Asian Rice Pilaf)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Qabuli)
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements. |
The following reason was given: Unsure of name, as another very famous Afghani dish exists with similar name (Qabuli pilau) and this isn't it.
- Soak the lentils for half an hour.
- After half an hour, boil the lentils with salt, red pepper, and ginger garlic paste.
- Be mindful that after the lentil have been cooked, there should not be any water remaining.
- If there is water remaining, continue cooking until the water has been mostly absorbed.
- In the meantime, bring the rice to a full boil. Reduce heat to a minimum and and cover. Allow to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and allow to rest for a similar amount of time.
- Also, in the meantime, heat some shortening in a pan
- Fry the onions until they are light brown, add tomato paste, salt, red chile powder and turmeric powder.
- Arrange the fried onion with the spices, boiled lentils, and rice in a large serving dish pot.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and green chillies and serve hot.