Cookbook:Nigerian Potato and Fish Sauce
(Redirected from Cookbook:Potato and Fish Sauce)
Potato with fish sauce is a Nigerian dish. You can use either Irish potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Put the potato pieces in a clean pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes or until the potato pieces are soft. Do not overcook, or the potato will become soggy and mushy.
- Blend your peppers, tomatoes, and onions together to make a chunky paste.
- Rinse your smoked fish with salt water, and cut into pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pot. Add the diced onions, and fry until softened.
- Add the pepper paste, salt, condiments, and some meat stock. Cook uncovered until the pepper mixture has thickened.
- Add the washed smoked fish pieces. Simmer for a little while.
- Remove from the heat, and serve with the boiled potatoes.