Cookbook:Pasta alla gricia
Pasta alla gricia is an Italian pasta dish, typical of Rome.
- Pecorino romano
- Black pepper
- Pasta (rigatoni or spaghetti)
The preparation of pasta alla gricia is very simple and quick. There are several versions of the recipe but they are all very similar.
- Heat water in a pan until it starts boiling
- Add 3 tablespoons of salt for 4 people
- Cook pasta al dente (400g)
- Cook guanciale chopped into small cubes or strips in a frying pan until fat melts almost completely (200g-300g)
- Fry cooked pasta for 2 minutes in the pan where guanciale has been previously cooked
- Add grated pecorino romano and black pepper to the frying pan and stir to blend the ingredients