Cookbook:Pasta alla Gricia
Pasta alla gricia is an Italian pasta dish, typical of Rome.
The preparation of pasta alla gricia is very simple and quick. There are several versions of the recipe but they are all very similar.
- Heat water and salt in a pan until it starts boiling.
- Add the pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Cook the guanciale in a frying pan until fat melts almost completely.
- Add the cooked pasta to the guanciale pan, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add grated pecorino romano and black pepper to the frying pan, and toss to blend the ingredients.