- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add garlic cloves and cook 45 minutes.
- Strain and reserve oil. Discard garlic.
- Brush both sides of chicken with garlic oil. Sprinkle both sides of chicken liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Pour enough garlic oil to coat a 10 inch cast iron skillet into aforementioned pan. Heat over high heat and add chicken. Cook until browned and slightly charred on both sides.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the chicken breasts. Place the pan in the middle of a 375 degree F oven and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 7 minutes before serving.