Cookbook:Ofada Jollof Rice
|Ofada Jollof Rice|
Ofada rice is a local rice that is grown in Nigeria, especially in the southern Ogun State. It is very rich in fiber and can be cooked in many ways, including in this recipe for jollof rice.
- Rinse the rice and parboil it. Drain the rice with a sieve.
- Blend the tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, and ginger together.
- Pour a few tablespoons of groundnut oil into a pot, and heat the oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and diced onions, and stir for a little while,
- Add the blended pepper mixture, nutmeg, cinnamon, condiment, salt, curry, and thyme. Cook well.
- Add the rice and enough water to fully cook the rice. Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, and everything is cooked.
- Serve with chicken or meat