No-Bake Cookies. These cookies are delicious, fast, and easy to customize.
- Combine the sugar and cocoa in a saucepan, stir well.
- Add milk and stir well, add butter and place over medium high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil -- when it reaches a rolling boil that cannot be stirred-down set timer for 1 minute, boil while stirring exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla, stir enough to melt peanut butter.
- Add oatmeal, stir to combine and immediately spoon the mixture onto a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between them for spreading out.
- Let stand on counter for at least 20 minutes to stiffen, or you may refrigerate for quicker stiffening of the cookies.
Notes, Tips and VariationsEdit
You can also use nutella to give the no-bake cookies something extra.
Rather than forming cookies, pour the hot mixture into a pie pan with a crust of Graham crackers. Once cooled, top the mix with whipped cream and fruit or any other desired topping.