Cookbook:Nigerian Vegetable Fried Rice
|Nigerian Vegetable Fried Rice|
In Nigeria, they have their own particular way of making fried rice, different from Chinese, Thai, and other fried rice dishes.
- Rinse the rice well under running water, then drain away the excess liquid.
- Season the chicken with a stock cube, curry powder, thyme, onions, and salt. Place in a pot and cover with water. Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and stir the rice into the remaining broth. Add more water if necessary, and cook until the rice is tender. Avoid adding too much water, or the rice will be soggy.
- Transfer the liver to another pot, and season with salt, stock cube, and onion. Cook until tender.
- Cool the liver and dice it.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a clean pan. Add the garlic, onion, and ginger, and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, thyme, and bay leaf. Add the runner beans and carrot, and fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, corn, spring onion, and diced liver. Season with salt to taste, and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the cooked rice. Stir and warm everything together over low heat to meld the flavors.
- Serve hot.