Cookbook:Nigerian Tapioca Pudding
Tapioca pudding is a creamy pudding with tapioca as its main ingredient, either in the form of tapioca starch or granules. You can serve it cold, hot, warm, or iced, and it is prepared in many cuisines worldwide. Most recipes include some flavouring, such as mango or vanilla, since tapioca has very little flavor on its own. This recipe is a Nigerian version that uses coconut milk.
- Soak the tapioca in cold water for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked tapioca to a saucepan. Add coconut milk and a reasonable amount of water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat, stirring regularly to prevent burning. Cook for about 10-12 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Stir in any desired spices or flavorings.
- Stir in the sugar and milk. Serve.