Cookbook:Nigerian Pumpkin Leaf Sauce
Pumpkin (ugwu) sauce is a nutritious meal that can be eaten with yam, plantain, potato, or rice. It is rich in dietary fiber and various other nutrients.
- Roughly blend the onions, habanero, and tomatoes to a coarse paste.
- Marinate the fish, and cook until tender.
- Heat palm oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add blended pepper mixture, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground crayfish, salt, and seasoning cube. Cook, stirring to prevent burning.
- Stir in the pumpkin leaf. Adjust seasoning as necessary, and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and serve.