Cookbook:Nigerian Peppered Gizzards
Nigerian peppered gizzards is a dish of gizzards in a spicy sauce. It is mouthwatering and can be prepared quickly.
- Frying pan
- Combine the gizzards, sliced onions, thyme, and stock cube in a pot. Cover with water, and cook on medium heat until the water has almost entirely evaporated.
- Remove the onions. Increase the heat to high, and stir until any remaining liquid in the pot is absorbed by the gizzards. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer the gizzards to a baking dish. Grill in an oven until dry and brown.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a separate pot. Add the pounded pepper and gizzards. Stir well.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Instead of baking the gizzards, you can also fry them until browned.