Cookbook:Nigerian Bokolisa Soup
(Redirected from Cookbook:Nigerian Bokolisa soup)
Bokolisa soup is a Nigerian draw soup made with bokolisa seeds, native to the Ikale and Ilaje people. Like marugbo soup, bokolisa is best eaten with pupuru.
- Combine the ground bokolisa with palm oil until it forms a smooth paste.
- Combine the beef, salt, seasoning cubes, and onions in a pot. Cook for 30 minutes, then cover with water.
- Add the ponmo and dryfish.Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chili pepper, salt, seasoning, and jute leaves. Mix gently so the fish doesn't crumble. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bokolisa paste. Cook for 5 minutes, and serve.