Cookbook:Microwave Salmon in a Parchment Envelope(Redirected from Cookbook:Microwave Salmon with Vegetables)
This entire meal cooks up in 4 minutes. Try getting pizza delivery that fast.
- 1 (8 ounce) salmon filet
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 lemon slices
- White wine
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, cubed
- Take a 15 by 36-inch piece of parchment paper and fold in 1/2 like a book. Draw a large 1/2 heart on paper with fold of paper being the center of the heart. Cut out heart and open.
- Place fresh herbs in the bottom of 1/2 of the heart. Place 2 lemon slices on top of the herbs and top with the salmon. Sprinkle both sides with salt, paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle salmon with white wine and top evenly with butter cubes. Top with remaining lemon slices.
- Fold other side of heart over fish and starting at top of heart shape, fold up both edges of parchment, overlapping folds as you move along. Once you reach the end tip, twist several times to secure tightly.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high 4 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 131 degrees. Open parchment and serve warm.
If you don't like the idea of microwaving it, feel free to use your oven. 425 degrees F for 12 minutes.