Maklubi, also known as maqluba or maklouba, is a dish of rice, meat, and vegetables found throughout the Levant.
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef and onion with salt, pepper, and allspice in a little olive oil (use more allspice than pepper). Remove from heat.
- Add the rice and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn down to medium low, and cover with the lid tilted to let some steam escape.
- When most of the water has evaporated and the surface of the rice becomes pitted, put the lid on tight. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 2–3 minutes. Serve with yogurt.