Cookbook:Lynn's Veggie Salad
|Lynn's Veggie Salad|
Lynn's Veggie Salad is a light vegetable salad with a dash of spice to it.
- 1/2 cup (120g) of diced onion
- 1/2 cup (120g) of chopped celery
- 1 cup (240g) of shredded carrot
- 1/2 (120g) cup of cubed tomato
- 4-6 chopped green beans
- 4-6 chopped yellow beans
- 1 green pepper
- 3 chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cut the green pepper into long thin strips.
- Toss vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Using a mortar grind the spices together, sprinkle over salad.
- Sprinkle walnut chunks over salad.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- One can easily substitute the cubes of tomato for cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes, however, these both have seeds in them and the bitterness is often undesirable.