|Category||Salad dressing recipes|
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small dried red chile, sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon white Chianti or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting top.
- Shake well.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Best if used fresh.
For ¾ cup:
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp dry pectin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dried whole Italian seasoning
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- Combine all ingredients except garlic in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Press a wooden pick through garlic clove; add to dressing mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- To serve, remove and discard garlic. Cover and shake dressing well.