Cookbook:Green Beans with Tomato and Onion (Boranija)
|Green Beans with Tomato and Onion (Boranija)|
Boranija, Serbian for "green beans", is an easy-to-make dish that tastes very fresh. You can eat it with bread.
- Boil the green beans in salted water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion to the pan. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato to the pan. Heat through, and season to taste with salt.
- Add the beans to the pan, and heat through.
- Stir in the minced garlic just before serving.
- Serve with yoghurt.
Notes, tips and variationsEdit
- You can use peeled tomato and broken beans from a can to make this dish fast, or use fresh ingredients for a more professional experience.
- The best is to use thick yoghurt, such as Greek yoghurt.