Cookbook:Gluten-Free Blackberry Oat Bars
Gluten-free, vegan-friendly blackberry oat bars that could be breakfast Monday morning.
- 3 cups whole grain oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Note: The easiest way to do this is to cut two strips of parchment paper and criss-cross them in the pan.
- In a food processor, such as a Cusinart fitted with a blade attachment, add the oats, almond flour and salt. Blend well.
- Add the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond butter. Pulse to blend.
- Place 2/3 of the oat mixture in the prepared baking pan. Reserve the remaining 1/3 for the crumble topping. Using your hands, press firming to form a bottom crust layer. Lightly prick the dough with a fork paring knife to prevent bubbling. Place in the oven and pre-bake for 10 minutes to set.
- While the crust is baking, place the blackberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse to rough chop the berries and incorporate the sugar.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and evenly spread the blackberry filling on top. Sprinkle the remaining crumble topping on top of the blackberries. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.