Cookbook:Fura Da Nono (Milk and Kefir Porridge)
|Fura Da Nono (Milk and Kefir Porridge)|
Fura da nono, or fura de nunu, is an African porridge common among the Fulani people. It is made of millet (fura) and fermented milk (nunu), and it is often served chilled. The fermented milk is an excellent source of probiotics, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- Wash the millet well. Soak it in hot water for 10 minutes to soften. Carefully drain the hot water.
- Blend the millet, pepper, and ginger with some water until smooth and lump-free.
- Transfer the millet mixture to a pot, and cook over medium heat until it thickens to a loose dough.
- Transfer to a bowl, and mix in the nunu. Add sugar to taste.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes.