Cookbook:Dan Wake (Nigerian Bean Dumplings)
|Dan Wake (Nigerian Bean Dumplings)
Dan wake is a Nigerian dish of bean dumplings. It is commonly consumed by the Hausa people, served with cucumber, cabbages, beef sauce, or hard-boiled eggs.
- Mix a small amount of potash and water until dissolved.
- Combine the bean flour and ground baobab leaf. Mix in the potash liquid, leaving behind any residual solids. Mix in water until you get a thick paste or dough.
- Bring water to boil in a pot.
- Form the bean paste into small balls, and add them to the boiling water. Boil for a few minutes until the small balls rise to the surface.
- Drain the dumplings, and transfer them to a dish.
- Toss the dumplings with some vegetable oil, ground cayenne, and suya spice.
- Serve the dan wake with sliced onions, tomatoes, boiled egg, and/or cucumbers.