Cookbook:Cornbread and Chicken Casserole
(Redirected from Cookbook:Cornbread & Chicken Casserole)
|Cornbread and Chicken Casserole|
If you like, you can substitute turkey, beef, or even tuna for the chicken.
- In a large straight-sided stainless steel sauté pan set over medium-high heat, melt butter with olive oil. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden. Remove and set aside until cool.
- Combine chicken with onion mixture along with the salt, pepper, and 1 cup cheese. Set aside.
- Place enough cornbread in the bottom of a parchment-lined high-sided roasting pan to lightly coat the bottom. Place a layer of chicken mixture on top and repeat until all has been used up.
- Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over top layer. Cover with foil and place in the center of a 375°F oven 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until browned and bubbly on top. Serve warm.