- 4 boiled potatoes, peeled and roughly cubed
- 200 ml yoghurt (sour)
- 2 chopped chilies
- 1 large chopped onions
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- salt (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- chili powder (optional)
- 2 dried red chilies (optional)
- large bowl
- small pan or wok
- bowls to serve
- Put the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Add chopped chilies and chilies.
- Pour the yoghurt over the potatoes.
- Add salt and red chili powder as per your taste.
- In a small wok or pan, heat some oil with red chilies and fenugreek seed.
- When the seeds turn black, remove the pan from heat.
- Add turmeric powder over the oil immediately.
- Pour the oil over the potatoes and yoghurt mixture.
- Mix the mixture evenly with a ladle or a spoon.
- Chukauni is ready.