Cookbook:Causa Rellena con Pollo (Peruvian Layered Potato and Chicken)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Causa rellena con pollo (Peruvian Layered Potato and Chicken))
|Causa Rellena con Pollo (Peruvian Layered Potato and Chicken)|
|Servings||6 or more|
- Cook and peel potatoes and allow to cool, then mash.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper.
- Line a deep dish with plastic wrap, or place a molding cylinder on a plate.
- Add the mashed potatoes to form a bed about 1 cm tall at the bottom.
- Add a second layer of 1 cm of the chicken mixture evenly over the potato.
- Top the chicken mixture with a final layer of potato, forming a sandwich of chicken inside two layers of potato.
- Demold or remove the cylinder.
- Garnish with lettuce and mayonnaise.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in discs and place on top. Add black olives, if desired.
- This dish can be served slightly cold.
- Mashed potatoes can be prepared with a mix of olive oil and butter and adding one tablespoon of lemon juice. You can compensate lemon with salt. Don't add milk.
- You can replace the chicken with a can of tuna mixed with mayonnaise and fine chopped onion. Serve this variation fresh only.