Cookbook:Carrot Jollof Rice
|Carrot Jollof Rice|
Carrot jollof rice is a simple Nigerian dish of seasoned rice with carrots.
- Medium sized tray
- Place the rice in a pot, and add just enough water to cover it. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the rice and rinse under running water.
- Blend the carrots with a little water until smooth. Do the same with the pepper.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a pot. Add the chopped onions, and cook until aromatic.
- Add the blended pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Season with thyme and curry powder.
- Mix in the carrot purée, and cook for a few minutes until thickened considerably.
- Mix in the stockfish, stock cubes, and salt to taste.
- Bring everything to a boil, and mix in the parboiled rice. Cook for 5–10 minutes on low heat.
- Cover the pot and cook over low heat until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve hot with extra onions, spring onions, and tomatoes if desired.