Cookbook:Buffalo chicken sandwich
A Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is a sandwich consisting of pieces of boneless Buffalo chicken and blue cheese on a submarine sandwich style roll.
The recipe is for one sandwich. It can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc., but fry the chicken one piece at a time.
- Heat just enough oil to cover chicken in a large frying pan or a deep fryer to 350 °F (175C).
- Stir together flour & salt. Pound chicken flat. Dredge chicken in milk, then flour, again in milk, then flour a second time. Refrigerate chicken for 10-15 min.
- Deep fry chicken in oil for 10 min. or until golden brown. Drain on a rack.
- Toast or grill the face of the bun.
- Put chicken in a plastic bowl with a lid. Pour hot sauce in bowl, put lid on and shake gently to coat.
- Put chicken on bun and top with lettuce and tomato. Serve open face, with bleu cheese dressing on the side.