- 1 1/2 pounds (about 700 g) beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large onion, wedged
- Several assorted bell peppers, cut into 3-inch (7.5 cm) strips
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices zucchini
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- Combine paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, olive oil, rosemary, thyme and balsamic vinegar in a gallon (4 liter) size zip-top bag. Add beef and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sort beef cubes into equal size rows. Skewer 1 onion wedge, 1 strip bell pepper, 1 slice zucchini from the side, and 3 cubes of meat across the grain in a pattern per skewer.
- Grill over medium high heat, turning often, 11 minutes for medium. Serve warm.