(Redirected from Cookbook:Baked Potatoes in Foil)
|Servings||As many as you like|
Baked Potatoes - Potatoes are perfect for camping, they don't take up space in the cooler and cooked in foil they are easy to prepare.
Also known as: stuffed potatoes
Prepare the potatoEdit
- Scrub potato and pierce the skin all over with a fork.
- Wrap in lightly oiled heavy-duty foil and seal.
- Cook over medium-hot coals for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Serve with salt and butter or sour cream .
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above, but wrap them in waxed paper, NOT foil.
- Place a piece of paper towel in the microwave and microwave potatoes on high for 8 minutes. Note: potatoes will be extremely hot when finished.
- Cut potato into four and serve with toppings of your choice.
- Preheat Oven to 190°C (375°F)
- Clean and prepare potatoes as above.
- Place the potatoes in the oven.
- Cook for one hour.
- Remove when cooked. Puncture potato and separate skin from flesh.
- When cooking is initially completed, handle the hot potato with care.