Cookbook:Anarchist Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe originates with the New York chapter of Food Not Bombs. These delicious cookies are very simple to make, and they require no unusual ingredients.
- Put the oil, sugar, water, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Place on a greased baking sheet in lumps about 1 inch across and about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 191 °C (375 °F) for 10 to 12 minutes, and serve if the cookies have begun to brown.
Notes, Tips, and VariationsEdit
- You can add additions such as 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruits and/or chocolate chips. Be aware that mix will be looser with additional dry ingredients.
- Leftover dough can be spread in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and baked, turning every 4 or 5 minutes, to make a tasty and crunchy granola.
- This recipe can very easily be cut in half or doubled.