Cookbook:Lentil, Barley, and Tomato Soup
(Redirected from Cookbook:Alexandra soup)
Alexandra soup is a puréed vegetable soup, containing lentils, barley, and tomato. It makes for a warming meal.
- Soak the lentils and barley together overnight, then drain. This step is optional.
- Fry the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the lentils, barley and water.
- Cook until the lentils are tender, (will take longer if grains are not soaked).
- Add the tomatoes when the soup is almost ready.
- Purée with a food mill, blender, or food processor.
- Reheat and adjust the seasoning.