- 8 eggs (separated into yolks/whites)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups whiskey
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- ground nutmeg to taste
You are doing things gently and slowly to preserve the eggnog's fluffiness.
- Beat egg-yolks with 1/2 of sugar, set aside.
- Beat egg-whites until stiff, then mix in other 1/2 of sugar.
- Pour the yolks into the whites and mix together slowly.
- Stir in white rum slowly
- Stir in milk slowly
- Stir in whiskey slowly
- Stir in 1/2 of cream slowly
- Whip rest (1/2) of cream and fold in carefully.
- Serve at room temperature by ladling into cups and sprinkle nutmeg one top.
Makes 6 servings
Shake with ice, strain into highball glass.
- This recipe uses raw eggs. See the module Egg for possible health risks.