Fundamentals of Data Representation: Comparison between vector and bitmaps< A-level Computing | AQA | Problem Solving, Programming, Data Representation and Practical Exercise | Fundamentals of Data Representation
- Vector images scale without file size increase / decrease
- Bitmap images scale resulting in file size increase / decrease
- Vector images scale without distortion to the image
- Bitmap images distort (pixellate) when scaling
- Bitmaps are better for photo editing
- Bitmaps require less processing power to display
Vector, as it allows for scaling without distortion and retaining its file size
Vector, as it allows for scaling without distortion and retaining its file size. You would only need one image to use on all the different systems.
Bitmap as it is better for photographs.