Yoga/Basic Yoga Series
Yoga provides a variety of techniques (List of asanas). It has techniques for the body and the mind. We should practice each yoga exercise so, that it works well for us. What hurts us, we omit it. What is good, that we do. We can vary all yoga exercises creative. We ask ourselves constantly: “What do I need now? What’s good for me? What triggers best my tensions?” Find your individual rhythm and your priorities. Do the breaks at the right moment and in the right track. If you do not want to spend much time for yoga, just do a little break at the end. Through the exercises you will gain experience with yoga. You learn the key techniques. You get a lot of exercise tips. After a while you'll know what is good for you. You'll find out what yoga exercises you need personally. You'll find your personal way to practice yoga. Yoga is an ongoing experiment. On the way to self-realization, you will need many different yoga practices. There are specific techniques for each stage of development. If you know the basic exercises presented here, you will find quickly in any situation the right technique.
Basic Yoga Series
The Basic Yoga Series takes about 10 to 20 minutes. Decide how much time you want to invest every day in your path of yoga. Practice the Basic Yoga Series so that it is good for you. Make small relaxation breaks between the exercises, if it is helpful for you. In a yoga group, there is basically after each exercise a short break. At home you can relax at the end of the series. The relaxation at the end is important because most of the tensions resolve there and we get into a good mood.
1. Cycling = We lie on our back on the yoga mat (blanket). We are raising the head, arms and legs. We move the arms and legs like riding a bicycle. We think the mantra "Cycling". We move to the left and right side.
2. Pelvic rotation = We lie down outstreched on the floor. The arms surround the head. We rotate the pelvis to the left and head to the right. And vice versa. We focus on the spine. We do this gently several times, so that we solve well the tensions in the spine.
3. Candle = From the supine position, we stretch the legs to the sky and prop up us on the back with our hands. We move the legs, such as cycling and think the mantra "Candle".
4. Swing = We roll gently from the candle in the supine position and pull our knees toward our chest. We embrace our legs and relax rocking from side to side. It is as if we swing lovingly a little kid.
5. Arm-leg raising = We turn around and lie on our stomach. We lift the right arm and the left leg stretched as far as possible. We then lift the left arm and right leg. We do this several times and count the numbers from 1 to 20 in the body.
6. Pelvic rotation = In the prone position we lie our head on the hands and turn with our breath several times the pelvis relaxed to the left and right. We focus on the spine and twist as much as possible.
7. Feet = We stay relaxed in the prone position and move softly our feet. The head rests on the hands. We focus on the feet and move it relaxed and gently on our way.
8. Meditation = We rise up in a sitting position (heel seat or cross-legged) and put the hands in our lap (or on the legs). The back is straight and the belly relaxed. We think the mantra "Om Shanti" until our mind comes to rest.
9. Blessing = We move our hand and think, "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
10. Relaxation = We lie down comfortably and relax. First we stop one minute every thought, focus on the feet and move it gently. Then we relax for a few minutes completely.
Dynamic Mantra Yoga
The dynamic Mantra Yoga is a quick way to relaxation, health and happiness. We connect dynamic yoga exercises with mantras (positive words). We resolve systematically the tensions in all parts of the body. By this we get health and happiness. We become happy out of ourselves. Learn it in an easy way with the video. It is good for beginners and advanced. This yoga series lasts 20 minutes. The first ten minutes we make the dynamic exercises and the second 10 minutes we meditate. Do yoga as it is good for you.
1. Cycling = We lie on our back on the yoga mat (blanket). We raise the head, arms and legs. We move the arms and legs like riding a bicycle. We think the mantra "Cycling". We move to the left and right side.
2. Butt knocking = We turn onto the back, put our feet on the ground near the butt and knock a minute dynamic with the butt up and down on the ground. We work all our stress and aggressions out. We focus on our body. We lift the butt while knocking so much in the air, that we resolve the tensions in the upper body.
3. Feet and fist stomping = Move all your anger out and and think the mantra "Anger".
4. Candle = We go into the candle, straighten both legs to the sky and support us with our hands at the back. We think the mantra "Candle".
5. Spine rotation = Lie down on your back. Move your pelvis to the left and your head to the right side. Both to the other side. Twist on this way several times your spine. Feel the spine. Move your feet and rotate the spine. Resolve all tension in your spine.
6. Arm-leg raising = We turn around and lie on our stomach. We lift the right arm and the left leg stretched as far as possible. We then lift the left arm and right leg. We do this several times and count the numbers from 1 to 20 in the body.
7. Up and down = Sit in the heel seat, raise your hands up to the sky, visualize a beautiful sun and think the mantra "Light". Bow forward in the heel seat, bring the light to the earth and think "Light". Do this several times. Finally put your hands behind your back and bring it together with your arms extended upward. This relaxes the chest.
8. Meditation seat = We rise up in a sitting position (heel seat or cross-legged). a) Move a hand in blessing: "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy." b) Think a minute the mantra "Om Shanti".
9. Meditation in lying = a) Count the nummers 1 to 20 in the head, chest, belly, legs and feet. b) Tense and relax twice all muscles. c) Move your feet. d) Relax some minutes completely.
10. Get up and think the mantra: "Om all enlightened Masters. Om inner wisdom. Please guide and help me on my way."
Don´t work too much. Don´t rest too much. Find your personal balance. Stay healthy and happy. Do every day some spiritual exercises. Do Computer Yoga every day. It is very easy. Relax in a few minutes. Go positiv through your life.
1. Move your head and think the mantra 5 to 10 times "Om" in your head. Turn your head left and right. Forward and backward.
2. Move your shoulders, so that all tensions resolve. What is the best way for you? Move forward, and another way round. Move with your elbows and think "Om, Om, Om..." And another way round. Om..
3. Move your spine to the right and left side. The head also. Think "Om , Om, Om.. " in your spine.
4. Move your feet on the ground. Say "Om" in your belly, in your legs, in your feet and in the earth. Concentrate on the whole earth and think the mantra "Earth".
5. Massage your body from head to feet. Put your hands over your head together, rub the palms, visualize the sky above you and say the mantra "Heaven". The light comes down and you massage the light into your face, your eyes, your ears, your whole body and think "Light, Light..." Fill yourself with light. Move your feet, fill light into the earth and think, "Light ..."
6. Move your hand and send light so your people, "I send light to ... May all people be happy. May all the world be happy."
7. Rub your palm together, think on the enlightened masters and say, "Om all enlightened masters, please help me on my way." Now you can ask a question. Think about your life. What are your goals? What is your way? Hear the answer within you. Feel the answer inside. What is the answer?
8. Put your hands on your legs or your belly. Make your mind calm and think the mantra "Om" in your head, your thorax, your belly, your legs, feet, in the earth and in the whole cosmos. "Om Om Om Shanti Om Peace Om Peace Om Shanti Om Peace ..."
9. Stop one minute all your thinking. Sit only there. Don´t think.
10. What do you have to take in your life? Take it. What is your positive sentence now? What helps you to go positive through your day and your life? "My positive sentence is: I am optimistic. I go my way optimistic."
Creative Hatha Yoga
In the Western world we have relaxation yoga, power yoga, stretch yoga, meditation yoga and different kinds of spiritual yoga. Creative Hatha Yoga works with all of these techniques. Most western yogis first learn one special yoga way and then they practice creative yoga. Whatever you choose to do, the main point is to follow your own wisdom, to feel what you need and to find your personal yoga practice. The Creative Hatha Yoga is a way of spontaneously and creatively develop the currently useful yoga exercises. Listen to the voice of your inner wisdom and feel in your body. What exercises do you need right now? How you must practice it, so that your inner tensions dissolve, that your Kundalini energy awakes and you get in a state of happiness and well-being? Try different yoga exercises. Feel what is good for you. Developed your personal yoga series.
Watch the video (Creative Hatha Yoga). The video is in german language, but you can understand it, when you read the following text.
1. Circle = We start with the shaking. We run on tiptoe on the spot and shake the body. We turn around. We massage light in the whole body and think the mantra ”Light, Light, Light … “
2. Cobra = We slowly bow forward. We lay on the ground. We base our head on the hands. We highlight the knees slightly and swing the feet back and forth. We count in the kidneys the numbers 1 to 20.
3. Pelvic rotation = We lay with our head on the hands and relax. We rotate the basin far to the left and right, back and forth. We focus on the spine.
4. Feet = We move the feet and toes slightly. We circle the feet over the ground. We feel the feet. Relax.
5. Massage = We come up and kneel down on the heels. We turn in the spine to the right. The head is also turning. We turn to the left. The head is also turning. We massage the body from top to bottom. We rub all the stress and tension out.
6. Earth rubbing = We bend forward in the heel seat. We rub the ground with our hands and think the mantra “Earth”. We draw with our hands a circle of light on the earth around us. We sit in the circle of light. What color has the circle of light? Yellow, orange, blue, gold?
7. Cycling = We turn around and lay on our backs. We move with the feet a bike ride. We lay our hands on the belly, lift the head, the legs turn to the right and left. The head always shows in the opposite direction.
8. Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana) = We go into the candle. The feet points to the sky. We base with our hands up at the back. We go on riding a bike with our feet, see the light around us, thinking the mantra “Light” and turn our head slightly to the left and right.
9. Blessing = We gently roll down from the candle into our meditation seat (cross legged). We move a hand in blessing and think, “I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy.”
10. Meditation (Shavasana) = We lie down on the back. We lay our hands on the belly. We move the feet and toes. We think “Om” in the body, legs and feet, “Om, Om, Om ..” We send all people over the world our “Om”. We feel the cosmos. We feel one with our world. Everything is fine the way it is. We do not have to be perfect. We rest until we feel well. Then we slowly come back. We stretch and loll us. We are back and in a positive mood.
Fitness Yoga is a dynamic form of yoga. We can eliminate our stress after work and recharge us with positive energy. In 10 minutes we are fit again.
1. Shake Meditation = We make five minutes the Shake Meditation and move out all the accumulated stress: Dissolve your anger (think the mantra, "anger"). Dissolve your grief ("I'm sad because ..."). Circle your shoulders. Twist your spine. Massage your body. Rub the earth with your feet.
2. Windmill = In triangle stand (feet apart) we bow forwards with a straight spine. We extend our arms out to the sides and turn ten times in the spine backwards and forwards. The hand points to the opposite foot. We think the numbers 1 to 20 in our body.
3. Pushups = We do ten pushups. We count as a mantra in the body the numbers 1 to 20.
4. Arm-leg raising = We turn around and lie on our stomach. We lift the right arm and the left leg stretched as far as possible. We then lift the left arm and right leg. We do this several times and count the numbers from 1 to 20 in the body.
5. Pelvic rotation = We lie our head on the hands and turn with our breath several times the pelvis relaxed to the left and right. We focus on the spine and twist as much as possible.
6. Butt knocking = We turn onto the back, put our feet on the ground near the butt and knock a minute dynamic with the butt up and down on the ground. We work all our stress and aggressions out. We focus on our body. We lift the butt while knocking so much in the air, that we resolve the tensions in the upper body.
7. Abdominal muscle training = We put our hands together behind your head and pull thirty times the head to the knees. The knees are bent and move to the head. We move our upper body 10 times in the middle high, 10 times to the right and 10 times to the left side. We count in the body of the numbers 1 to 30.
8. Candle = We go into the candle, straighten both legs to the sky and support us with our hands at the back. We breathe one minute relaxed into the body.
9. Meditation = We rise up in a sitting position (heel seat or cross-legged) and put the hands in our lap (or on the legs). The back is straight and the belly relaxed. We think the mantra "Om Shanti" until our mind comes to rest. We move our hand and think, "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
10. Relaxation = We lie down comfortably and relax. First we stop one minute every thought, focus on the feet and move it gently. Then we relax for a few minutes completely.
The greatest gift we can give our children is a spiritual education. If we teach our children positive values, they will be able to lead a happy and successful life. If we bring them close to inner happiness as the center of life, one day they will find their own way to get there.
1. Sun = We stand in a circle and put our hands together in front of the heart chakra. We bow to each other and think, "We welcome the sun."
2. Sky = We raise our arms to the sky and stand on the tip toe. "We welcome the sky."
3. Moon = We stand like a moon, bow to the left and then to the right side in the hips, and move the outer arm over our head. "We welcome the moon."
4. Stars = We make big circles with our arms, visualize the entire cosmos full of stars and think, "We welcome the stars."
5. All children = We're turn ourselves with outstretched arms in the spine left and right, see the children around us and say, "We welcome all children."
6. Grass = We bow the upper body forwards and rub with our hands in circles the earth, "We welcome the grass."
7. Fun = We stand again up straight, put one foot on the opposite knee, standing on one leg like a yogi and shout: "This is fun." For this we applaud vigorously with the hands, until we have all the good mood.
Yoga Series against Anxiety
Fears are part of our time. Many people have fears. Anxiety is caused by work pressure, violence and movies on TV. Yoga can help to overcome fears by relieving inner tensions, calming the mind and generate positive thoughts. Yoga gives us the strength to overcome anxiety provoking situations. Yoga makes us inwardly and outwardly strong. If you get enlightened, all fears vanish. Face it.
1. Anger = We lie on our back and put our feet on the bottom near the butt. Our knees are upright. The head is on the earth. We pound our fists on the ground and stomp our anger alternately with our feet in the ground. We solve all the pent-up anger. To whom or what are you angry today?
2. Butt Knocking = We knock a minute dynamic with the butt up and down on the ground. We work all our stress and aggressions out. We focus on our body. We lift the butt while knocking so much in the air, that we resolve the tensions in the upper body.
3. Bridge = We put in the supine position our arms around the head and press the pelvis as much as possible upwards. The shoulders and the head rest on the floor. We make large circles with our pelvis in the air. First ten times left and then ten times right around. We visualize water and think the mantra "Water".
4. Candle = We go into the candle, straighten both legs to the sky and support us with our hands at the back. We breathe one minute relaxed into the body.
5. Meditation Posture = We're rolling out of the candle into the heel seat (or cross legged). We stretch our arms to the sky. We breathe in. Then we bow before us and put the hands on the floor. We breathe out. This exercise we do several times and count the numbers 1 to 20 in the body.
6. Blessing = In our meditation seat we move a hand in blessing and think, "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy." We then think the mantra "Light" and send light a) to our friends b) to our enemies c) to ourselves. We massage the light into our body.
7. Meditation = We sit in the meditation position (cross-legged or heel seat) and put the hands in the lap. The back is straight and the belly relaxed. We stop one minute every thought. Then we remain in meditation, thoughts can come and go as they please. All feelings of anger, fear and grief appear and dissolve by themselves.
8. Forward = Forward with optimism.
- See also: Video Yoga for Anxiety from Sue, Video Yoga for Anxiety Ekhart Yoga, Yoga for Anxiety (Video from Amy), Video Tara Stiles
Yoga stretching strengthens the agility of the body. By stretching, combined with a relaxed concentration on the body, the tensions in the muscles is released. See also the video BEGINNING YOGA FOR STRETCH AND STRENGTH (10 min.).
1. Plier = In standing or sitting. We stretch our legs forward. The hands grasp the feet. We pull the head as far as possible to the feet. We move the feet gently back and forth. We send light from the head to our feet and think: "Light, light, light."
2. Butterfly = In sitting. We pull the feet to the body, put the soles of our feet together, grasp the feet and stretch the knee sideways to the ground. The back is straight. We move the knee like a butterfly gently up and down. We think the numbers from 1 to 20 in the legs.
3. Spine = We sit cross-legged. The spine is straight. We rotate several times in the spine. The head spins also. The eyes look left and right to the horizon. What do we see there?
4. Blessing = We move a hand in blessing and think: "I send light to ... (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
5. Meditation = The back is straight and the head upright. The hands lie in the lap. We stop one minute every thougt. We relax.
Yoga with Meditation
101. Yoga with meditation is slowly and quietly. The various yoga postures activate our chakras (inner energy channels) and load us with good energy. Meditation while the yoga exercises brings our minds to rest. We meditate on each yoga posture 1 to 3 minutes. We feel how each yoga posture forms a specific energy field (aura field) around the body. Through the creation of certain energy fields, we clean our body and mind of tensions. It is helpful, if we can feel the spiritual energy. But it is not necessary. It is enough to concentrate relaxed on our body and the postures. We take breaks as needed between the yoga exercises.
1. Leg raising = We lie on our back and lift a minute the stretched right leg. We meditate on the right leg. The toes point to the head. The head rests on the ground. We set off and lift the stretched left leg as far as possible. The toes point to the head. We meditate for one minute on the left leg. The arms lie relaxed at the sides.
2.Two-leg raising = In the supine position we lift up both legs. The toes point to the head. We raise our head towards the feet. We send a light beam from the toes to the head and think the mantra "Light". We breathe in the stomach. We meditate one minute on the posture.
3. Candle = We go into the candle, straighten both legs to the sky and support us with our hands from the back. We breathe one minutes relaxed into the body.
4. Feet = We roll from the candle again in the supine position, stretch our legs, put our hands on the belly and move gently our feet. We stop our mind and focus a minute on our belly.
5. Cobra = We turn on our stomach and lift as far as possible a minute the upper body with our back muscles. The head is in the back, the hands are placed laterally from the body on the floor. We breathe relaxed into the cobra. We send a beam of light from the head down the back and think "Light".
6. Locust = We set off the head and lift the right leg stretched as far as possible in the air. We meditate one minute on the leg. We lift the left leg for a minute and concentrate relaxed on it.
7. Cobra with feet to head = We raise like in the cobra the upper body and head. The hands are placed laterally from the body on the floor. In addition, we now lift both legs and bring the feet as close as possible to the head. We breathe relaxed in the stomach and hold the position for a minute. We send a beam of light from the feet to the head and think the mantra "Light".
8. Pelvic rotation = In the prone position we lie our head on the hands and turn with our breath several times the pelvis relaxed to the left and right. We focus on the spine and twist as much as possible.
9. Meditation = The back is straight, the head upright, and we relax the belly. The hands lie in the lap. We circulate light in the head, in the whole body, in the legs, feet, arms and hands. At the same time we think the mantra "light, light, light". We visualize in the earth a small star (dot of light). The star circulate in the earth and we think, "Earth". Then we let the star circulate in the sky above us, around our body and in our body. Thereby we think the mantra "Star, Star, Star." We rub in circles with one hand our stomach and the star comes to rest.
10. Relaxation = We lie down or sit in a comfortable position and move gently our feet. We stop one minute all thoughts. Then we relax completely. Go your way positive. Take things as they are. Concentrate on your goals. Work for a world of love, peace and happiness. Move a hand, send all people light and think, "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
Yoga with Positive Thinking
Yoga with positive thinking is very helpful for many people. It allows one to quickly overcome negative tendencies and reach a happy and healthy life. Positive thinking and daily meditation are the two basic techniques of enlightenment. All the negative characteristics are ultimately based on attachment (to external pleasures, other people, to his ego) or rejection (of suffering situations, pain). If we accept the suffering in our lifes and let go of our worldly desires and longings, the tensions in our minds resolve. Our inner happiness creates a positiv feeling of life. We get into a life in the light (in a paradise view of life). The main way to overcome the negative qualities is to focus on the positive qualities of wisdom, self-discipline, peace, love and happiness.
1. Go = Jog on the spot, with your arms moving by your side. Visualize light, turn around and think, "I go the positive way."
2. Windmill = Straddle your legs apart, bow forward, turn like a windmill into the spinal column and think: "My goal is ...".
3. Frog = Bring your feet together. Bow your upper body forward. Push yourself up with your hands on the floor and move your buttocks down in a crouch and back up in the air. The head goes up to the sky and down to the earth. Practice the frog several times and think: "I have strength and endurance."
4. Arm-leg raising = Lie down on your stomach. Raise your left arm and right leg. Bring both back to the earth and lift the right arm and the left leg. Do this several times. Think, "I take things the way they are."
5. Upper body raising = Lie in the prone position, with your hands on the floor and repeatedly press the upper body up and down. The head goes to the neck and forward. While breathing in and out, think, "I let go of my false desires."
6. Pelvic rotation = In the prone position, turn your pelvis to the right and then to the left. Your head must lie on your hands. Think, "I am sad because ...".
7. Feet = Get your feet moving in the prone position. The head lies relaxed on your hands. Think, "I forgive... (my partner / parents / the cosmos / God), that he/she...". Whom do you want to forgive today? Think these words until a feeling of sadness arises in you, of letting go and forgiveness.
8. Cycling = Turn on your back, lift your head and move your arms and legs. Think, "My positive thought today is....".
9. Candle = Stretch your legs to the sky. Your hands support you at the back. Visualize the sky, move your feet and think many times the mantra "Optimism".
10. Meditation = Roll from the candle into your meditation seat (cross-legged or heel seat). Put your hands in your lap. The back is straight and the stomach is relaxed. Move one hand and wrap them and think, "I send light to ... May all people be happy. May the world be happy." Stop all your thoughts for a minute. Relax.
Today's professional life is marked by a lot of stress and strain. The Office Yoga helps us to preserve our health and inner happiness.
1. Stretch = We put our hands together, turn up the palms outside and stretch our hands pleasurably over the head. We keep our hands above the head and breathe several times deeply in and out.
2. Right and left stretch = We stretch the right and left side of the body. We continue to hold the hands over the head and breathe several times in the stretched side of our body.
3. Spine rotation = We continue to hold the outstretched hands above our head. We turn the spine several times to the right and to the left side.
4. Elbow circles = We lay the hands on the shoulders and make dynamic circles with the elbows. We resolve the tension in the shoulders and neck. We feel that movement we need and what is good for us. We make small and large circles.
5. Head moving = We lay our hands on the legs. We stretch the head backwards, to the right side, to the left side and let him hang forward. Each time we breathe relaxed in and out.
6. Massage = We rub the eyes and face, so that we can see clearly again. We visualize a color of healing and massage it from head to foot on our body. What is your healing color today? We think the name of our color as a mantra: "orange, blue, gold, pink ...". We bow down and rub also the ground.
7. Meditation = We put the hands in our lap, thinking the mantra: "I am a Buddha (Shiva, Goddess) of the rest. I live in the rest. I go the way of rest." Then we move a hand in blessing and think: "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
8. Little Bird = We rub our feet on the ground, visualize ourselves as a tree with roots, trunk, leaves and crown. Thereby we think as mantra: "Tree." We let the roots grow deep into the earth and think our mantra until we are well rooted in the earth. A little bird comes flying, sits on the tree and gives us a positive sentence. What is your bird? What does he say to you?
Three Abdominal Exercises
We lay our hands on the legs. The back is straight. The belly is relaxed.
1. Pelvic floor = We tense the pelvic muscles, stop our breath, think the numbers 1 to 20 in the pelvis and move the toes. Then we relax the pelvis.
2. Belly = We move the abdominal muscels to the spine, exhale, stop the breath, think in the belly 1 to 20 and move the toes. We relax.
3. Chest = We draw the belly in the chest, exhale, hold our breath, think in the chest the numbers 1 to 20 and move the toes. We relax.
4. Spine = We tense again the pelvic muscles, pull our stomach in the chest, hold our breath and turn us several times in the spine to the right and left. We also rotate the head. We think the numbers 1-20 in the body. We relax.
5. Healing = We rub our hands in front of the heart chakra and ask the enlightened Masters (God) for help. "Om all enlightened Masters. Om inner wisdom. Please guide and help me on my way." We now can make a question of healing. We hear the answer inside. What is your problem? What is your healing question? What is the answer of your inner wisdom? What solves the problem?
6. Healing salve = We visualize a healing salve in our hands, think her color as a mantra and rub it into our whole body. We massage the ointment especially on our sick body areas. What is your color of healing? Rub it for so long in the diseased area of the body, until it has absorbed all the healing energy.
7. Blessing = We rub with our feet the earth, move a hand in blessing and think: "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy." We relax. Feel into your body. How do you feel now? Feel the relaxation and well-being in you.
This meditation strengthens our life force. It heals our internal organs, we center us in our body and get the power to act positively.
1. Moving = We make faces, move our head, shoulders, arms, hands, legs and feet. We turn in the spine backwards and forwards. We relax.
2. Internal organs = We visualize our brain and think several times the mantra "brain." We think the mantra "brain" until we feel that our brain is well filled with healing energy. We also visualize successively all other internal organs and think their name as mantra: "Lungs, stomach, intestines, bladder, kidneys (right and left at the back), liver (front right), spleen (front left), solar plexus, heart." In conclusion, we visualize all the organs at once and think several times: "All internal organs".
3. Bones = We visualize one after another all bones and think at least twice: "Skull, spine, chest bones, arm bones, hand bones, pelvis, leg bones, feet bones, skeleton." So that we can feel the individual bones better, we move them easily. Finally, we visualize all the bones together and revolve light around us. We think the mantra "light."
4. Sun = We see a beautiful sun in our belly. We think the mantra "Sun" and thereby radiate light in our body. The sunlight becomes stronger and fills the entire universe around us with light. We move our arms and think the mantra "Stars". We see the whole universe full of stars and light.
5. Stop = We stop all thoughts. We bring our mind to rest. We relax. If we have meditated enough, we return slowly. How do you feel now? Feel the relaxation and well-being in you.
Alternate nostril breathing is an important yoga technique. It brings us into the inner balance. In the body there are three main energy channels: the left (Ida, moon, peace), the right (pingala, sun, activity) and the central energy channel (sushumna, Kundalini channel). If we have filled the left and the right channels with prana, increases the Kundalini energy by its own in the central channel. Then appears peace, happiness and inner strength.
1. Bellows breathing = We place one hand on your stomach and practice a minute bellows breathing. We breathe at a higher speed with the abdominal muscles and fill our body with spiritual energy (prana, light).
2. Switch breathing = We press our thumb on the right nostril and breathe with the bellows breathing through the left nostril, move the left toes and count from 1 to 20 in the body. We press with your index finger (middle finger, ring finger) on the left nostril and breathe with the bellows breathing through the right nostril, move the right toes and count 1-20 in the body. Then we switch back and forth between the left and right nostril and forth, count the numbers, until a feeling of inner peace and harmony is created.
3. Pelvic Floor = We tense the pelvic floor, count there are the numbers 1 to 20 and move the toes of both feet. We relax.
4. Circles with the upper body = We put the hands on our knees and circle with a straight upper body several times to the left. We tense the pelvic floor and visualize a large sea around us. We think the mantra "Water". Then we revolve several times in the other direction and think again the mantra "Water". We relax the pelvic floor.
5. "Om" in the belly = We put our hands together in her lap, think a minute the mantra "Om" in our belly, breathe into the belly and move the toes. We stop a minute every thought. We relax.
Goddess Yoga means to pray to the Goddess, visualize the Goddess, identify with the Goddess and realize the Goddess within oneself. To visualize and to meditate on the Goddess awakes the energy of healing, happiness and enlightenment (kundalini energy). The four main Goddesses in Yoga are Durga (the Goddess of power on a tiger), Kali (the black Goddess with a sword), Sarasvati (the white Goddess with a book) and Lakshmi (the Goddess of luck with giver hands). They embody the four properties strength, peace, wisdom and love. If we want to be happy in our lives, we need all these four properties. The Goddess Yoga is the highest form of Yoga. With him we can awaken the kundalini energy (the inner happiness). We can quickly get into the light. Important in Goddess Yoga is, that we are always in touch with ourselves and our inner wisdom. We should never practice formally (without internal involvement). We should find creativity in our personal form of Goddess Yoga.
1. Durga Durga is the Goddess of power. She rides on a tiger (or lion). She has the force of a tiger within herself. What she decides to be her goal, she reaches it. She is a winner. She has many weapons around her, meaning, that she uses creative methods to reach her goals. We shake both fists near our head and think the word "power", until we feel the power of Durga in us. What are the goals in your life? In which way you can reach them? "My goal is ... My way to be victorious is ..."
2. The black Goddess Kali has a sword. She is able to sacrifice her ego and thus to get peace in her mind. We put our hands in the lap. We rub the earth with the feet, we feel the ground and think: "I let go of my false desires. I take the things as they are."
3. Sarasvati is the Goddess of wisdom and creativity. She holds a book and a rosary in her hands. She roots herself in the holy books and in her own wisdom. What is your wisdom today? Track the index finger beside the head to the sky, move it a little and think, "Wisdom is ... Unwisdom is ..."
4. Lakshmi is the Goddess of luck and happiness. Beside her head are two flowers. She sees the beauty in her live. She recognizes her world as a paradise. She is enlightened and has a paradise view of the cosmos. In her lap she holds a pitcher full of gold pieces. She has inner and outer wealth and spend it to her followers. What is your wealth? Recognize yourself as the Goddess of wealth. Rub your hands on your belly and think the mantra: "The wealth in my life is... I am grateful for ... "
5. Be a mother of the earth. Consider all beings as your children. Identify yourself with them. Wish them luck and happiness. You are now Lakshmi with the giver hands. Move your hands and think, "I send light to ... May all people be happy. May the world be happy ."
We activate with the star circling the Kundalini energy and then meditate with the Shambhavi Mudra on the light within us. We thus get quickly inner peace and happiness. Sitting in the Shambhavi meditation the light flows more and more into us. The bliss grows more and more. The Shambhavi Mudra is Shivas main meditation. It is the easiest way to stay in the light (in Sat-Chid-Anananda).
1. Earth = We visualize a bright star. We imagine the earth beneath us and circle with a star in the globe. We think the word "Earth" as a mantra. We circle as long with our star in the earth, until the whole earth among us is full of light. We rub the ground with the feet.
2. Sun = We see a beautiful sun in the sky. She sends her rays down on us. We let the light flow into us. We fill our entire body with light and think often the mantra "Sun". We move the feet and toes.
3. Body = We circle with the star around our body and think the mantra "body". We clean all the tensions around our body. We wrap us with light. We massage our body.
4. Inside = We circle with the star in the body. We clean all areas of the body sequentially from their tensions and fill it with light. We think the mantra "Light." We circle with the star particularly in our head, chest, abdomen, legs and feet. We massage the special part of the body.
5. Blessing = We move a hand in blessing and think, "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
6. Om Shanti = The hands are in the belly. We tense the muscles in the pelvis, in the abdomen and chest. We keep the tension. We relax. We do that once again. Then we breathe deeply several times in the belly. We think by inhalation "Om" and by exhalation "Shanti". We come with the mantra "Om - Shanti" more and more toward inner peace. Our thoughts become quiet.
7. Shambhavi mudra = Shambhavi is the mudra of Shiva. It means blessed and is his main meditation technique. By the star circling, our energy has turned inwardly. The back is straight, the head upright, and the belly relaxed. We open half or whole our eyes and focus on the energy in us (the light, a chakra, or the Kundalini channel in the middle of our body). Thus the energy of the eyes flows inwardly and stabilizes our meditation. We stop all thoughts. We concentrate on the Kundalini channel, a chakra (heart or sacral chakra) or the light within us. We spend some time in quiet meditation. Then we come back slowly.
- This is a gentle Kundalini meditation. Don't force things. The Kundalini is a great power, which leads us to enlightenment. But it comes by grace. In November 1986, a yogi had his first major enlightenment experience. At a meditation suddenly a warm energy pillar rose slowly upward from the lower abdomen in the middle of his body. He watched the energy with interest. The higher the energy rose, the quieter he was. It felt like a thick warm stream of water. On reaching the middle of his head, he suddenly was one with the cosmos. He felt supreme bliss. Very important was the feeling of a comprehensive correctness. The state of bliss lasted about half an hour. Some hours after this experience, the yogi was very restless. But after a while things calmed down. In yoga, this experience is referred as the ascent of kundalini energy. It is the highest level of hatha yoga. In August 1987, the yogi had one more energy experience. Again, the Kundalini energy rose in the middle of his body upward. But this time it did not stop in the head. It gathered at the apex (crown chacra) and then shot up suddenly with great force into the sky. After a while it came back and flowed on the outside of his body down to earth. Thus, the circuit was closed. The yogi had been connected with the energy of heaven and earth. From this story you can learn what can happen with the kundalini energy.
- Video of Fire Kundalini Yoga Breathing Exercise
- Video Kundalini Yoga Exercises
- Video Chakra Meditation Technique for Kundalini Awakening
- Video High Kundalini Yoga Meditation Technique (Sa Ta Na Ma)
- Video Kirtan Kriya Woman (Sa Ta Na Ma)