Last modified on 5 November 2010, at 15:45
- Chill white or sparkling wine for at least 1 hour prior to serving. Decant red wines prior to guests' arrival.
- Wine charms can help guests distinguish their glasses. Alternatively, one may use marked wine glasses for the same purpose.
Serving with cheeseEdit
- Serve cheese at room temperature; this brings out their fullest flavors.
- Arrange the food items 30-60 minutes before the guests arrive. Cheese should be brought out three hours before serving.
- Cover the platters with plastic wrap to keep them fresh, but remove just prior to serving.
- Leave space between cheeses to keep flavors from blending. On the same idea, each cheese should have its own knife or spreader.