Templates are used on pages to create a standard presentation or as a short-hand for complex markup.
This page offers a gateway to general templates to be used for various purposes throughout Wikibooks. Book-specific templates should be placed in Category:Book-specific templates. Cookbook templates are in Category:Cookbook templates. All templates should be filed in sub-categories of Category:Templates.
- Book information
- Scope, level, etc.
- General formatting
- Books should cite sources where possible. Wikibooks has a number of templates that reference sources and simplify referring to them.
- There are a small number of templates to link to other books and our sister projects.
- Here you will find generic navigation templates, both for modules in a book, and sections on modules.
- This page lists license templates that comply with Wikibooks' media policy and templates for embedding media on pages.
- Lists links to media files
- User messages
- Welcome templates and other messages.
- User notices
- Conduct and content warnings.
- User pages
- User page contents. Copyright statements, userboxes and such.
- For use on talk pages, in the reading room, etc.
- Featured books
- Nomination, labeling, removal.
- Policies and guidelines
- Templates related to policies and guidelines