Popular KDE Applications
- AmaroK - Media player
- Calligra - Office and graphic design suite (formerly KOffice). Calligra includes Words (a word processor), Sheets (a spreadsheet program), Stage (a presentation designer), Kexi (a database manager), Flow (a flowchart creator), Karbon (a vector graphics program), Krita (a paint program), Plan (a project manager), and Braindump (a notemaking application).
- Gwenview - Image viewer
- K3b - CD and DVD burning application
- Kate - text editor
- KDevelop - Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Kexi - Integrated environment for managing data
- KMail - Email client
- Konsole - Terminal emulator
- Konversation and Quassel IRC - IRC clients
- Kopete - Instant messaging
- Konqueror - File manager and web browser using KHTML
- KStars - Desktop planetarium (accurate graphical simulation of the night sky). KStars is part of the KDE-Edu project.
Making a screenshot
You can refine the screenshot by changing the capture mode, and clicking Take a New Screenshot (or hitting Alt-N).
- Full Screen - Captures everything. (This is the default.)
- Window Under Cursor - Grabs the clicked-on window, even if another window is in front of it.
- Rectangular Region - Click and drag to select the area, and then hit Enter to return to KSnapshot and save it, or Esc to quit.
- Freehand Region - Same as Rectangular Region, except that you aren't limited to a rectangle: the area you select can be any shape.
- Section of Window - The area of the window that will be captured is outlined in red. Double-click on it.
Besides PNG and JPEG, you can also save the screenshot as a BMP, EPS, JPEG-2000 (.jp2), MNG, PBM, PCX, PIC, PGM, PPM, RGB, TGA, TIFF, XBM, or XPM. You can also click the Copy button to copy it to the clipboard. The Send To... menu lets you import the image directly into another program.Last modified on 28 April 2012, at 19:17