Last modified on 21 December 2008, at 03:29
This guide covers :
- What GNOME is
- How to use it
- The differences between GNOME and other platforms
- The latest stable version of GNOME (2.12 at the time of writing)
- Applications included with GNOME
- Tips and tricks
- Resources for power users
What this guide is not :
- A guide to specific versions of GNOME such as Fedora GNOME or GNOME-based products such as Java Desktop or Ximian GNOME. It covers GNOME in general.
- A Developers guide — it is intended for users. See the GNOME developer site for information on GNOME development.
- A general manual, see the official GNOME users guide included with GNOME instead.
- A guide to applications not part of GNOME itself, such as The GIMP or OpenOffice.org.