Pressto remove Trainz's on-screen overlays. To restore the overlays, press again.
Screenshots can be taken in Surveyor mode, Driver mode or while playing scenarios by pressing the PrintScreen key, TARGA image file (file extension .
tga) and stores it in Trainz's 'Screenshots' folder (for example
C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2004\Screenshots\ for TRS2004). These files are numbered sequentially like
Tips for creating screenshots
- Press + in Surveyor mode to switch to 'look around' mode. This can be useful to get exact positioning of screenshots. All menus and the compass point are removed. Press to exit 'look around' mode.
- Press + in Surveyor mode to switch to 'walk around' mode. A view from the ground from which the height is not adjustable.
- Experiment with increasing your screen resolution and then taking the shot. In an image editing program reduce to a suitable size.
Manipulating screenshot images
After closing Trainz, the TARGA files can be opened in an image processing program such as Irfanview where operations including the following can be performed:
- Cropping (removing unwanted parts of the image).
- Adjustment of the brightness/gamma, contrast, or RGB colour balance.
- Conversion to an image file format such as jpg which will greatly reduce the file size.