Sometimes, for personal preference or technical reasons, an assets dependencies may need to be replaced. Described here is an example of how to change a Locomotive's hornsound relatively easily and quickly by using CCP or editing the config.txt file.
CCP Screen, tag is highly controlled, so CCP limits edit flexibility. Good for this sort of task.
- Open Content Manager Plus (CMP) via the Trainz launch screen.
- Search for the locomotive you are wishing to change.
- Right-click on the item, go to 'Edit in Content Creator Plus'.
- You may be asked if you want to continue due the content item being from a different Trainz version. It is usually safe to continue, but there are warnings that this can cause a faulty asset. Backup or clone the asset if you are unsure.
- In CCP scroll down and you will see the line 'hornsound' amongst other things, e.g. 'enginesound', 'enginespec', 'description' etc.
- Click on the '...' button that allows you to scroll through your entire collection of assets. Narrow it down using the drop down menu filter and locate a new hornsound of your choice.
- Exit CCP, saving as you go.
- Commit the asset before you return to Trainz.
If you wanted to, or if the instability of CMP/CCP forces you to, you could always use the manual method, which is just as easy.