The Toppy can name recording files using characters that are not allowed on a Windows PC. Any one of these is likely to cause problems:
\ / : * ? " < > |
Simplistic tools like Altair may fail to retrieve such files, but often this failure won't occur until the whole contents of the file have been transferred, making it a particularly annoying problem. If you get one of the following types of error then check the filename for the above characters:
- A 0 byte file following an apparently successful transfer.
- "Cannot copy the selected file. Already used in the other process or unknown error occurred" (in a standard Windows error box).
The solution is to either use a better tool (like TopSet or an FTP setup), or rename the file on the Toppy before transferring it:
- Select the recording in native Archive
- Press the Blue button to select "Options"
- Select "Rename"
- Press Up to select the filename part
- Press Right repeatedly until the first "bad" character is highlighted
- Press Red to delete that character
- Repeat from 5 if necessary.
0 Byte files have also been reported associated with faulty USB cables and paticularly active USB extenders here