Mid-Atlantic Venture Association ("MAVA")Edit
MAVA is an organization designed to "facilitate private equity investing in the mid-Atlantic region and represent the collective interests of venture capitalists with investment interests in the Mid-Atlantic." It is comprised of over 500 venture capital professionals from over 125 venture capital firms, who collectively manage capital totaling over $100 billion.
- ALPHAConnect is a program designed to bring together investors with promising technologies in development at universities, federal laboratories and other non-profits. The program hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the Annual Mid-Atlantic Innovation Showcase and MAVA ALPHAConnect Luncheon.
- Capital Connection is an annual event designed to bring together investors with technology companies. This event features start-up, early-stage and expansion-stage companies as well as later-state private growth companies.
- The Mid-Atlantic Bio is an annual conference for the bioscience industry that attracts national and international industry leaders. Biotech industry leaders present their technologies, giving investors the ability to learn more about these advances.
- On the Links Golf: this annual golf tournament brings together venture capitalists with MAVA members for a day of networking on the green.
- Young Investment Professionals began in the 1990s and is designed to provide opportunities to young venture capitalists through networking, enhanced deal flow, building of co-investment relationships, and education. The program hosts a variety of networking events throughout the year, as well as sponsoring community outreach and professional development projects. The program has over 160 members from 86 venture capital firms.
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Association: Facilitates private equity investing