Weaving is an integration of statistical program with a publishing software. You have in the same file your code and your text. Weaving is intended to improve reproducibility standards (see Roger Koenker's webpage).
- Ben Jann's texdoc provides weaving capabilities for Stata and LaTeX
- eststo, esttab, estadd and estout are the best solution to print and export to latex the estimation results.
- eststo is a prefix command which stores estimation results.
- estout prints the results. It includes many options and is difficult to use.
- esttab is a wrapper for estout which includes less options and is easier to use.
- estadd allows to store more statistics.
sysuse auto, clear eststo clear eststo A: quietly logit foreign weight eststo B: quietly logit foreign weight mpg estadd lrtest A esttab, scalars(lrtest_chi2 lrtest_df lrtest_p) eststo clear
- modl :
clear set obs 100 gen u = invnorm(uniform()) gen x1 = invnorm(uniform()) gen x2 = invnorm(uniform()) gen y = 1 + x1 + x2 + u qui : reg y x1 modl 1 ,Base model qui : reg y x1 x2 modl 2 ,Full model modltbl se 1 2
Export to a spreadsheet (Excel)Edit
Export to a text formatEdit
- Visit the website http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/