- ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) is a sound system for Linux and provides device drivers for sound cards.
- Linux was using OSS (Open Sound System) before and there is new one called PULSE.
- Anyway ALSA is a default sound system for sidux and Debian in this moment.
- For sound devices managing we'll use sound mixers.
- AlsaMixer is console application and it is pre-installed with sidux.
- To run it type in Terminal as an user:
- One of AlsaMixer GUI is "xfce4-mixer".
- Run it from: Menu-> Multimedia-> Mixer.
- It's available from desktop panel too: Mixer Plugin.
- It's next AlsaMixer GUI, to install it type:
apt-get install alsamixergui
- Run it from: Menu-> Multimedia-> Alsamixergui.
Gnome-alsamixerEditLast modified on 13 September 2010, at 15:22