- One of the most important elements of home computer is audio and video files playback.
- To do that just install sets of multimedia codecs.
- As an addition you may install ms-fonts intended for Windows OS.
- It's a set of codecs uses by the most popular video player for Linux called Mplayer.
- To install it just type in Terminal as root:
apt-get install w32codecs
- and for 64 bit systems:
apt-get install w64codecs:
- If you have any problem with that download the package from: debian-multimedia.org and install it:
dpkg -i w32codecs_number.deb
- Xine player is also popular player and it's codecs are pre-installed with sidux.
- If not, install them manually:
apt-get install libxine1 libxine1-plugins libxine1-ffmpeg libxine1-misc-plugins libxine1-xvdr
- It works as a server for multimedia applications such as media players or editors.
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-alsa gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3 gstreamer0.10-lame gstreamer0.10-nice gstreamer0.10-pitfdll gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-good gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-base gstreamer0.10-x gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
- Two libraries "libdvdread4" and "libdvdcss2" are important for opening DVD's videos.
- The first one is pre-installed with sidux, the second one install yourself:
apt-get install libdvdcss2
- "msttcorefonts" installer brings Microsoft fonts and let you open video file's subtitles intended
- for Windows OS such as "TrueType".
apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language