Demonstration Experiments and Activities Related to Microtechnology
See also the Open source handbook on Microtechnology.
This page is currently a brainstorm - detailed activity descriptions will come. Please add comments and ideas!
Brainstorm for New ActivitiesEdit
- Make cakes 'lithography style'
- Play with acceleration sensor and make your own sensors
- Recreate the first transistor (piece of semiconductor and cut gold foil)
- Lego Mindstorm programmable toys
- Experiments with Optical fibers - light through running water to introduce the concept
- Solar cells - make your own and compare to commercial ones
- Light emitting diodes -band gaps and materials properties as fct of temperature
- Webcams and their IR sensitivity
- Webcams, can they be used to detect a radioactive source?
- Maize starch in water for microfluidic demonstration?