School Science/Demo periscope
A cost-effective way of making a sturdy demonstration periscopeEdit
Last modified on 19 February 2010, at 12:50 Fig. 1Periscope Demo DiagramFig. 2Periscope Demo Photo
Equipment Required (to Make Demo Periscope)Edit
- 2 pieces of plywood 45 cm × 10 cm and 0.9 cm thick
- 2 pieces of plywood at least 37 cm × 10 cm and 0.9 cm thick
- 2 pieces of plywood at least 11.6 cm × 10 cm and 0.9 cm thick
- 2 pieces of wood which are prism shaped at least 10 cm × 8.5 cm × 8.5 cm the internal angles shoul be 90° and 45°
- 2 plastic or glass mirrors 10 cm × 10 cm
- small screws to fit.
- Drill with suitable drill bits for the screws
- PVA Glue
Method for making the demonstration periscopeEdit
- Cut the wood to the correct size and sand if need be.
- Screw the 4 long pieces together as in fig 1.
- Screw the prism shaped pieces of wood on either end as in fig 1. and attach mirrors with glue.
- Attach ends as in fig 1.
- It should look something like fig 2.