Last modified on 2 October 2012, at 15:34
Upon successful completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and practice basic principles of incorporating outside sources into persuasive writing.
- Practice techniques for using research to support various logical structures and rhetorical strategies, including analysis, discussion, and comparison/contrast.
- Practice incorporating quotations, paraphrases, and summaries into academic writing.
- Identify the risks of plagiarism and practice techniques for avoiding it.
- Practice the basic requirements of MLA style and formatting.
- Research, develop, analyze, and edit an essay of moderate length.